Korea’s first cyber university!
(Pioneer of Korea’s cyber university)
Best quality contents!
Highest number of academic ties!
(77 prestigious Korean universities participating)
and highest scholarship!
No. 1 in Korea’s brand power
based on partnerships
with Korea’s leading companies
for shared growth
regardless of disability
Differentiated student services
only for OCU students
1Firsh cyber university!(Pioneer of Korea's cyber university)TOP
- OCU is a pioneer of Korea's cyber universities!
- In 1996, OCU adopted a paradigm shift in education according to the operation policy for cyber universities by the MOE.
- In February 1998, OCU was selected as the first model academic institution of the cyber university program in Korea.
- During a two-and-a-half-year trial operation period, OCU acquired operational know-how for cyber education system.
- OCU built a legal and systematic foundation for the establishment and operation of cyber education in Korea.
- In March 2001, OCU opened as Korea's first cyber university accredited by the MOE.
- OCU is a regular four-year university according to the Higher Education Act.
(※ The same four-year bachelor's degree as that of a regutar university is granted.)
The MOE announced the operation policy for cyber universities
Two-and-a-half-year trial operation for the cyber university
Launch of Korea’s first cyber university in March
2Best quality contents!TOP
- OCU was ranked highest among web-based e-learning professional institutes.
- OCU was the first Korean cyber university to develop lecture contents based on a responsive web design.
- OCU acquired an AA level in Contents Quality Qualification from the KAOCE.
- OCU won Information Security Management System(ISMS) Certification from KISA.
- OCU earned SCORM, an international certification for lecture contents, from Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL), a research and development institution for e-learning standardization in the United States.
- OCU was the first Korean cyber university to earn a Contents Service Quality Certification.
KOCCA Contents Service
KERIS e-learning Contents
KERIS Excellence Award in
Higher Education e-learning Contents
KIEC Contents International
Certification - SCORM
Xinics MVP Award
3Highest number of academic ties!(77 prestigious Korean universities participating)TOP
- OCU is the largest academic exchange center in which Korea’s 77 most prestigious universities including SKKU, CAU and Hongik University participate.
- OCU holds around 400 lectures every year in connection with each university.
- OCU is Korea’s largest cyber university with 120,000 students attending every year.
- Based on years of operation know-how, OCU strengthens cooperation in academic exchanges and vitalizes joint research and learning activities concerning cyber education.
- OCU promotes the joint use of educational facilities and equipment, information exchange and the joint development of educational contents and teaching and learning programs.
- OCU has over 2 million cumulative students as of 2017.
77 universitiesNational and public universities: 25, Private universities: 52
The largest number of students per year
2 million students(as of 2017)
The number of cumulative students
- Universities in Seoul / Gyeonggi / Inchon area : Dankook University, Daejin University, Dongduk Women's University, Seokyeong University, University of Seoul, Seoul Theological University, Hanyoung Theological University, SungKongHoe University, SKKU, Soongsil University, Anyang University, Yongin University, ICCU, INU, CAU, Hankyong National University, OCU, Hanshin University, Hyupsung University, Hongik University (20 in total)
- Universities in Chungnam / Daejeon area : Kongju National University, Korea Nazarene University, SMU, SCH, Chungwoon University, Korea National University of Cultural Heritage, Hanseo University (seven in total)
- Universities in Jeonbuk area : Kunsan National University (one in total)
- Universities in Jeonnam / Kwangju area : Nambu University, Mokpo University, MMU, SCNU (four in total)
- Universities in Jeju area : JIU, Jeju National University (two in total)
- Universities in Gyeongbuk/Daegu area : Kaya University, PKNU, Pusan National University, BUFS, Inje University, Changwon National University, KMOU (seven in total)
- Universities in Gyeongnam/Ulsan/Busan area : kit, Andong National University (two in total)
- Universities in Chungbuk area : Seowon University, Semyung University, U1 University, Jungwon University, Chungbuk National University, KNUT (six in total)
- Universities in Gangwon area : GWNU, Kyungdong University (two in total)
4Reasonable tuition and highest scholarship!TOP
- OCU minimizes economic burden with reasonable tuition fees. (1,098 thousand won for 18 credits)
- OCU provides various scholarship programs open to anyone. (30 scholarship programs at the time of the admission and 20 scholarship programs while at college)
- The scholarship recipient rate is over 95% as of 2017.
- National scholarships are available for Korean nationals.
[Typical annual tuitions]
(unit: 1000 won)
- OCU : 2,134 Reasonable tuition
- A cyber university : 2,407
- B cyber university : 2,777
- C cyber university : 2,780
- D cyber university : 2,707
5No. 1 in Korea’s brand powerTOP
6Practical education based on partnerships with Korea’s leading companies for shared growthTOP
- OCU has conducted industry-university collaboration projects with major Korean companies and public companies.
- OCU has established ties with about 800 organizations for industry-university cooperation.
- OCU developed practical educational contents with POSCO and the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA).
- Industry-University Cooperation
- Companies and medical institutions
- Foundations and NGOs
- Government agencies, local governments and public organizations
- Academic institutions and organizations
7An educational system for everyone regardless of disability or non-disabilityTOP
- OCU develops lecture contents based on responsive web design to enhance the learner’s choice.
- OCU established an education system for anyone regardless of disability or non-disability through high accessibility to the webpage and compliance with web standards.
- OCU built the same optimal mobile education system as in the web-based learning environment and students can take classes anytime and anywhere.
Mobile campus, the same as in a web-based learning environment
Responsive web design applied
High accessibility to the webpage and compliance with web standards
One Source Multi-Use service established
8Differentiated student services only for OCU studentsTOP
Education services that put a priority on student satisfaction
- Learning support service
- Local learning center
- Employment support services
- Special lectures for each department
- Supporting acquisition of private certifications
- Participatory university library
- Adaptation support service
- Learning manager system
- Open mentoring program Professional counseling assistant
- Support for students with disabilities
- Local community associations
- Club activities
- Education support service
- Mobile lectures
- Teaching plan request service
- Learning-oriented school system
- Online certificate issuance